NCCER Plumbing Technician (Certificate)
The NCCER Plumbing Technician program of study is a sequence of courses that prepares students for careers in plumbing and related fields. Learning opportunities develop academic, technical, and professional knowledge and skills required for job acquisition, retention, and advancement. The program emphasis a combination of plumbing theory and practical application necessary for successful employment. Program graduates receive the NCCER Plumbing Technician certificate and have the qualification of an apprentice plumber.
- Location: Griffin Campus
- Major Code: PT11
- Program Entrance Term: Fall, Spring, Summer
- Minimum Length of Program: 3 terms
- Minimum Credit Hours for Graduation: 34
- Submit completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript with test scores and ALL post-secondary transcripts in an official sealed envelope
- Meet assessment requirements
The following is a suggested path to complete this program in a timely manner. An individual’s path to completion may be different based on institutional and personal factors affecting his/her academic progress.
Note: While all courses are offered, they may vary by term and campus. See the program advisor for any questions.
Program Courses Credits
|COFC 1080||Construction Trades Core||4|
|PLBG 1005||Plumbing Fundamentals I||4|
|PLBG 1015||Plumbing Fundamentals II||4|
|PLBG 1025||Intermediate Plumbing I||4|
|PLBG 1035||Intermediate Plumbing II||4|
|PLBG 1045||Advanced Plumbing Concepts I||4|
|PLBG 1055||Advanced Plumbing Concepts II||3|
|PLBG 1065||Specialty Plumbing Applications I||4|
|PLBG 1068||Specialty Plumbing Applications II||3|