Turfgrass Maintenance Technician (Certificate)
Turfgrass management is the study of the science and culture of fine grasses that are used on golf courses, athletic fields, home lawns, and other areas requiring an attractive but functional groundcover. Increasing interest in outdoor recreational activities as well as aesthetically appealing landscaped areas has created a demand for professional turfgrass maintenance.
- Major Code: TM21
- Award Level: Certificate
- Location: Griffin Campus
- Program Entrance Term: Fall, Spring
- Minimum Length of Program: 1 Term
- Minimum Credit Hours for Graduation: 14
- Submit completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript with test scores and ALL post-secondary transcripts in an official sealed envelope
- Meet assessment requirements
The following is a suggested path to complete this program in a timely manner. An individual’s path to completion may be different based on institutional and personal factors affecting his/her academic progress.
Note: While all courses are offered, they may vary by term and campus. See the program advisor for any questions.
|HORT 1080||Pest Management||3|
|HORT 1310||Irrigation and Water Management||4|
|HORT 1330||Turfgrass Management||4|