Vertical Shielded Metal Arc Welder Fabricator (Certificate)
The Vertical Shielded Metal Arc Welding Fabricator technical certificate of credit prepares students for careers in shielded metal arc welding fabrication.
- Location: Flint River and Griffin Campuses
- Major Code: VSM1
- Program Entrance Term: Fall, Spring, Summer
- Minimum Length of Program: 1 term
- Minimum Credit Hours for Graduation: 11
- Submit completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript with test scores and ALL post-secondary transcripts in an official sealed envelope
- Meet assessment requirements
The following is a suggested path to complete this program in a timely manner. An individual’s path to completion may be different based on institutional and personal factors affecting his/her academic progress.
Note: While all courses are offered, they may vary by term and campus. See the program advisor for any questions.
Program Courses Credits
|WELD 1050—Horizontal Shielded Metal Arc Welding||4|
|WELD 1060—Vertical Shielded Metal Arc Welding||4|
|Program Elective (Choose one of the following)|
|WELD 1030—Blueprint Reading for Welding Technology OR||3|
|WELD 1040—Flat Shielded Metal Arc Welding OR||(4)|
|WELD 1153—Flux Cored Arc Welding OR||(4)|
|WELD 1154—Plasma Cutting OR||(3)|