Welcome to the Tutoring Center!
- The Tutoring Center tutors in the following areas: English, reading, and math.
- Online tutoring services are available in the following classes: Accounting 1100, Biology 2113, Biology 2114, Chemistry 1211, English 1010, English 1101, English 1102, and all Math classes.
How to Access NetTutor
- Log into Blackboard
- Click on the class associated with NetTutor
- NetTutor is located in the following classes: --- ACCT 1100, BIOL 2113, BIOL 2114, CHEM 1271, ENGL 1010, ENGL 1101, and all MATH classes
- Once in the class associated with NetTutor, click NetTutor which is located under resources
- Click on the underlined word NetTutor
- Accept the agreement terms
- Click on the appropriate subject for tutoring
- Once in the virtual classroom, you will be verbally notified of the number of students ahead of you.
- The online tutor will appear when it is your turn to be tutored
- Students can call or come to the tutoring center to make appointments.
- You can schedule two appointments (30 minutes) per subject each week.
- After two scheduled appointments, students must be a walk in. Be mindful that a tutor may not be available during a walk in.
- Students are required to call if they cannot make a scheduled appointment. Failure to cancel an appointment will result in being denied scheduled appointments for the rest of the semester.
- Please sign in before beginning your session.
- Please come with material to work on in your session.
- Please do not bring friends or family members to sessions.
- Please arrive no later than 10 minutes before your scheduled session.
- You are expected to have appropriate behavior while in the tutoring center.
The Study Lounge
The tutoring center offers open study sessions in Math and English on a weekly basis. A tutor will serve multiple students. Please see the section below to review the study session calendars for the fall semester.
Hours and Locations:
- Open study sessions are currently located at Griffin and Flint River Campuses. Please see the calendars below.
- For More information call: 770-229-3078 (Griffin) or 706-646-6179 (Flint River).
In addition to the Griffin Campus Tutoring Center, we also offer tutoring at the Flint River and Henry County Campuses.
Flint River Campus
Math Tutoring Coming Soon
English Tutoring in room A500
Tutor: Mia Varnadone
Thursday: 9:30am to 4:30pm
Please call 706-646-6179 for more information.
Henry County Campus
Tutor: Alicia Robbins-Jones
Monday: 9am to 5:30pm in room 226
Tuesday: 12pm to 7pm in room 122
Wednesday: 11am to 5:30pm in room 226
Thursday: 9:30am to 4:30pm in room 124
Please call 770-914-4411 for more information about tutoring on the Henry County Campus
As set forth in full in the student handbook/course catalog, Southern Crescent Technical College is an Equal Opportunity Institution and a Unit of the Technical College System of Georgia.