Welcome to the Tutoring Center!
- The Tutoring Center tutors in the following areas: English, reading, and math.
- Online tutoring services are available in the following classes: Accounting 1100, Biology 2113, Biology 2114, Chemistry 1211, English 1010, English 1101, English 1102, and all Math classes
- There is a high number of students visiting the tutoring center, so it is in your best interest to make an appointment.
- Students can call or come to the tutoring center to make appointments.
- You can schedule two appointments (30 minutes) per subject each week.
- After two scheduled appointments, students must be a walk in. Be mindful that a tutor may not be available during a walk in.
- Students are required to call if they cannot make a scheduled appointment. Failure to cancel an appointment will result in being denied scheduled appointments for the rest of the semester.
- Please sign in before beginning your session.
- Please come with material to work on in your session.
- Please do not bring friends or family members to sessions.
- Please arrive no later than 10 minutes before your scheduled session.
- You are expected to have appropriate behavior while in the tutoring center.
The Study Lounge
The tutoring center offers open study sessions in Math and English on a weekly basis. A tutor will serve multiple students. Please see the section below to review the study session calendars for the fall semester.
Hours and Locations:
- All Math and English open study sessions are located in Rm. 604 on the Griffin Campus
- For More information call: 770-229-3078
NetTutor Hotspots are designated areas with computers for the use of NetTutor (online tutoring). The following areas have computers designated for NetTutor usage: Griffin Campus in Room 604 (tutoring center) Griffin Campus at The Net (medical building) Henry County Campus Room 126 (Computer lab) the last row of computers on the right are designated for NetTutor usage. Rules for NetTutor: All NetTutor sessions are for 40 minutes. This time frame is to give all students an opportunity to use NetTutor. Please log off promptly when time frame has expire. How to Access NetTutor:
- Log into Blackboard
- Click on the class associated with NetTutor
- NetTutor is located in the following classes: --- ACCT 1100, BIOL 2113, BIOL 2114, CHEM 1271, ENGL 1010, ENGL 1101, and all MATH classes
- Once in the class associated with NetTutor, click NetTutor which is located under resources
- Click on the underlined word NetTutor
- Accept the agreement terms
- Click on the appropriate subject for tutoring
- Once in the virtual classroom, you will be verbally notified of the number of students ahead of you.
- The online tutor will appear when it is your turn to be tutored
In addition to the Griffin Campus Tutoring Center we also offer tutoring at the following locations and times:
FREE English and Math tutoring is available to students currently enrolled on the Flint River Campus.
Math in room A439
Ms. Beverly Brown
Monday & Wednesday 11:15am - 1:30pm
Tuesday & Thursday 2:45pm - 4:00pm
English in room A520
Mr. John Hurst
Monday & Wednesday
3:00pm - 6:00pm
Tuesday & Thursday 1:30pm - 6:00pm
Please call 706-646-6156 (Math), or 706-646-6255 (English) for more information about tutoring on the Flint River Campus
FREE tutoring is available in English at the Henry County Center to SCTC students.
English in room 224
Tuesday 11:30am - 3:30pm
Please call 770-914-4411 for more information about tutoring on the Henry County Campus
As set forth in full in the student handbook/course catalog, Southern Crescent Technical College is an Equal Opportunity Institution and a Unit of the Technical College System of Georgia.