The Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 requires that colleges make available to current and prospective students essential information concerning each institution’s academic programs, retention rates, graduation rates, crime reports, financial aid procedures, and more to better inform higher education consumers.
The Higher Education Act protects the consumer’s right to know important facts about each institution’s student services, student success metrics, campus safety and security, the cost to attend, and other information needed to make fully informed choices when selecting colleges and universities.
It is the College’s hope that centralization of this information makes it easier for prospective students, enrolled students, and their families to access the information they need to make the best possible decisions.
For additional information about Southern Crescent Technical College and a comparison to other institutions of higher education, please see the College Navigator website maintained by the U.S. Department of Education. This site contains useful information about more than 7,000 institutions of higher learning in the United States, including Southern Crescent Technical College.
Southern Crescent Technical College – Accreditation
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- Technical College System of Georgia
- Program Accreditation and Certifications *
FEDERAL DISCLOSURE REQUIREMENTS
Federal Student Aid Programs
- Federal Pell Grants
- Federal Pell Grant Recalculation Policy
- Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants (FSEOG)
- Federal Work-Study (FWS)
- Federal Direct Loan programs Not all of the certificate programs qualify to receive federal funds