Instructions to take the free ONLINE BUSN 1440 eligibility typing test:
- Read all of these instructions before going any further.
- After you have read through these instructions, go to http://sctc1440.assesstyping.com (link opens in new tab\window).
- Carefully read everything on every screen. Failure to understand and follow the directions will not allow you to retake the typing test if you mess up!
- Step 1 of 6—Login to Typing Test: Enter either your e-mail address (any legitimate e-mail address that you use) or your phone #. Re-enter it to confirm that it is correct. If you enter an e-mail address, a message with your test results will be sent to that e-mail address when you finish the typing test.
- Step 2 of 6—Personal Information: Enter your first name, your last name, your nine-digit SCTC student ID number (it starts with 900), and the program (or major) in which you are enrolled at Southern Crescent Technical College.
- Step 3 of 6—Practice Test: Read all of the instructions on the computer screen. It is strongly suggested that you take the practice typing test several times so you’ll be comfortable with the real typing test. After you read all of the instructions on the screen, click the button that says Take a Practice Test. After you click the Take a Practice Test button and read the instructions on the next screen, start typing the text that begins with “Warm up your fingers…” and type for the entire two minutes. When the timer stops, review your practice test results, then click Next. Decide whether to retake the practice test (you can take it as many times as you want to) or click Continue to move on to the real typing test.
- Step 4 of 6—Test information: Be careful and note: You get TWO chances on the real typing test. If you fail both chances, you cannot take the typing test again for three months which means you cannot register for BUSN 1440 at this time. Enter your first and last name in the Student Information field at the bottom of the screen and click Start the Test.
- Step 5 of 6—Typing Test: Other than different words, the typing test is the same as the practice test. Begin typing the text that starts with “Finland is a good country…” Continue typing for the entire three minutes.
- Step 6 of 6—Test Complete: Review your test results. If you are not happy with your first attempt, you are allowed to have a second attempt. Click either Retake Test or Exit Test and follow the screen information.
After The Test
- If you passed: If you passed the typing test with 90% or higher, follow the instructions below.
- If you did not pass: If you did not pass the typing test after your two attempts, you must wait three months to retake the typing test OR it is strongly suggested that you register for BUSN 1100 (Introduction to Keyboarding) which is the pre-requisite for BUSN 1440.
If you pass the typing test with a percentage of 90% or higher, you are eligible to take BUSN 1440. Review the Course Schedule (link opens in a new tab\window) -> Course Schedule by Course Number (or by Location), and find the BUSN 1440 section you want to take. Write down the five-digit CRN of the BUSN 1440 section you have chosen (and a second CRN choice in case you need a Plan B) and write down your SCTC student ID #. Contact the Academic Affairs Office at either the Griffin or the Thomaston campus (phone numbers are listed below), and ask them to register you for BUSN 1440. The Academic Affairs Office staff will need the CRN numbers you wrote down and your Student ID #.
Academic Affairs Office Phone Numbers: