Date Posted: October 9, 2020
The health and safety of Southern Crescent Technical College’s (SCTC) students, faculty, and staff remain our first priority. Recently, two members of our campus community have self-reported a positive COVID-19 test result. Following the guidance and protocol from the Department of Public Health (DPH), these individuals are currently quarantined and are seeking treatment from their healthcare provider. Any person who has come in direct contact with either of these individuals has been notified and has been asked to self-quarantine.
Out of an abundance of caution, we are closing the Southern Crescent Technical College Griffin Campus, Flint River Campus, and Henry County Center to all employees, students, and outside guests from October 12 – October 16, 2020. Faculty and staff will continue to offer assistance during this time while working remotely. During the closure, the College will take precautionary measures to deep clean and sanitize all areas of the College.
The general risk of COVID-19 to students, faculty, staff and visitors at SCTC remains low. Health officials are continuously working to quickly identify cases of COVID-19, take appropriate public health action to reduce its spread, and protect the general public in identifying potential contacts.
As a reminder, the best prevention measures for any respiratory virus, including COVID-19, are:
- Wear a mask or face covering.
- Practice social distancing.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, and then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
The College continues to routinely clean and disinfect all locations. Should the need arise, we will provide additional guidance. In the meantime, you are advised to follow all appropriate health and safety guidelines.